MULTIVAC UK is one of 80 international daughter companies of the MULTIVAC Group; one of the worldwide leading packaging solutions providers. At the core of our business, we support the creation of environments where all people are treated with fairness, dignity and respect; we also expect our suppliers to operate in an ethical and legal manner in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. As such, we believe that the risks of Modern Slavery within our business have been substantially mitigated as a result of our approach, values and internal policies.
Since our inception in 1985, MULTIVAC UK has supplied goods and services to the UK Market. This statement details MULTIVAC UK’s response to the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and demonstrates our ongoing commitment to preventing Modern Slavery in any of our business activities and our supply chain. We believe we have effective systems and controls in place to ensure that Modern Slavery does not exist within our own business and have taken action and planned future steps to ensure that our suppliers meet our same high standards.
At the time of publication, our supply chain includes approximately 1,500 suppliers of which 99.7% are based in the UK and the EU. Of the remaining 0.3% suppliers who are based outside of the EU, we have not traded with since 2015.
To date, we have reviewed our supplier profile at a high level and commit to a deeper risk assessment of our current suppliers over the next 12 months. We have defined our ‘current’ suppliers as those that we have traded in the 12 months prior to 30 June 2017. We intend to conduct our risk assessment taking into account several factors including; the type of business relationship we have with the supplier; the product(s) being purchased; the financial value and regularity of the supply; as well consideration for the country and industry within which the supplier operates. We will be mindful of government trade controls to inform our review.
In respect of new suppliers, we have amended our new supplier process to include information on our commitment to the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and our subsequent expectations of any new supplier before we will conduct business. All other suppliers will be reviewed in due course.
To demonstrate our long term commitment to the Modern Slavery Act; in conjunction with our existing policies, we have developed a Modern Slavery Policy to ensure internal transparency and awareness as well as due diligence processes that span our current and future supply chain. Our internal policies that align with the spirit of the Modern Slavery Act are, but are not limited to, Whistleblowing Policy and Procedure, Recruitment and Selection Policy and Procedure, Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work and Employee Code of Conduct.
As part of our ongoing due diligence, we are building an internal risk assessment which reflects on our business response to Modern Slavery Act 2015 and will ensure that we remain compliant to the requirements of the Act both now and in the future. This risk assessment will also highlight any areas that are of high priority requiring a more urgent focus.
With experience in responding to change in UK law and policy writing, our HR team have taken responsibility for the coordination of MULTIVAC UK’s response to Modern Slavery through policy and internal training. The risk assessment of Modern Slavery has been undertaken in conjunction with several internal departments, specifically those departments with direct contact and responsibility for our supplier and customer relationships.
During 2017, we will raise internal awareness of Modern Slavery to all employees with particular focus on those employees in departments who are likely to be exposed to suppliers or customers of MULTIVAC UK. It is intended that this awareness initiative will explain the basic principles of the Modern Slavery Act, our statement and actions taken to date. It will focus on what employees can do should they have any concerns relating to slavery or human trafficking issues and the support that is available to them both internally and externally. Following the initial awareness initiative, we will incorporate Modern Slavery awareness into our induction for new starters.
This statement has been approved by the John Lakin, Managing Director MUUK on 4 May 2017.
"The MULTIVAC is a crucial piece of any kitchen, but it is even more important in a small place, as you can spread the workload more efficiently. You are gaining on every count – saving money, spreading costs. It is a must"
OTHER SOLUTIONS FROM MULTIVAC
Our product portfolio covers almost all customer needs and includes vacuum chamber machines, deep-drawing packaging machines, tray sealer as well as marking and quality inspection systems and turnkey lines.
Discover more vacuum chamber machines on our website: